For an Endocrinologist like me who commonly deals with height related issues in children, growth hormone is just another hormone. It is essential for normal growth and metabolism. However, there are many myths and misconceptions about it.
For common public few things to know about it
1) It is secreted from a part of the brain called the pituitary.
2) It has multiple jobs to do in the body.
3)The main observation made when it is deficient in the body is height getting affected.
4) Doing a growth hormone test randomly is just a wastage of your money.
5) Monitoring height and rate of increase in height will guide in diagnosing growth hormone deficiency at the earliest.
6) Certain apps like the growth journey can help in monitoring the height.
7) The earlier you start the treatment better is the response.
8) After a certain age when bones get fused, there will not be increased in height (PLEASE DO NOT COME FOR INCREASE IN HEIGHT AFTER 18 YEARS TO ME).
9) NOT ALL CHILDREN NEEDS GROWTH HORMONE THERAPY.
10) THE ENDOCRINOLOGIST IS THE RIGHT PERSON TO CONSULT REGARDING GROWTH RELATED ISSUES.